Associate Director - Mayor's Office of Nightlife and Culture
- Washington, DC, DC
- Full Time
- Mayor's Office of Nightlife and Culture
POSITION: Program Analyst, Mayor's Office of Nightlife and Culture
OPEN: January 14, 2022
CLOSE: Open until filled
SALARY RANGE/GRADE: Excepted Service ES5, ($57,963 to $86,945)
The Mayor’s Office on Nightlife and CultureThe Office of Nightlife and Culture will coordinate District government agencies, businesses, and community groups to manage the after-hours economy, and work with the Commission of Nightlife to advise the Mayor, Council, and Office of Nightlife on common issues and trends relating to the after-hours economy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Director will be primarily responsible for the day to day record keeping, helping to plan events, conducting research and writing reports. Duties include, but are not limited to,
- Maintaining records, including contact information and contact inventory.
- Helping the Director facilitate meetings of the Commission on Nightlife.
- Coordinating supplies and tools for participants
- Tracking participant activities, including identifying trends to celebrate and provide additional support
- Respond to constituent questions and concerns, including coordinating solutions with partner agencies
- Participate in community meetings, activities, and programs to further the Office’s mission and reach
- Superior interpersonal and relationshipbuilding skills
- Demonstrated track record of community engagement experience
- A creative problem solver under pressure
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications and social media platforms
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with DC Government agencies, nightlife establishments, regulations and neighborhoods
District law requires that each new appointee to the Excepted and Executive Service either: (1) be domiciled in the District of Columbia at the time of appointment; or (2) establish District domicile within one hundred eighty (180) days of appointment. The law also requires that Excepted and Executive Service employees maintain District domicile during the period of the appointment. Failure to maintain District domicile during the period of the appointment will result in forfeiture of employment.