Graphic Designer - Executive Office of the Mayor
POSITION: Graphic Designer
OPEN: November 15, 2022
REVISED: Open until filled
SALARY RANGE/GRADE: Excepted Service ES5, ($62,935 to $79,403)
Current District of Columbia residents will receive priority and advanced preference for screening and interviews.
This position is located in the Executive Office of the Mayor. Incumbent serves as a Graphic Designer responsible for creating visual concepts by hand or using computer software to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers. Assists in developing layout and production designs for agency advertisements, brochures, and reports.
- Designs and prepares layouts of flyers, signs, brochures, posters, and other materials which may be included in pamphlets, or other publications for printing and dissemination to the public.
- Meets with program managers concerning wants and needs for design and production of illustrative and attractive visual information products for print applications or web applications.
- Provides creative design to support agency wide programs. Assists in the creation of purchase orders to secure vendors for printing and other needs to execute graphic design work for projects and programs.
- Receives assignments regarding request for the design and production of visual aids and materials to be used in communication of information.
- Designs information for presentation at meetings, conferences, and special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the printing processes as it relates to the preparation of graphic design and artwork.
- Knowledge of reproduction and principles of artistic design and display in order to effectively communicate information through the use of visual materials and application of the principles to the field of visual communications.
- Knowledge of and literacy in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), all of which are instrumental to the development of publications, guidelines and reports.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
There is a legal requirement that each new appointee to the Excepted and Executive Service either: (1) be domiciled in the District of Columbia at the time of appointment; or (2) establish District domicile within one hundred eighty (180) days of appointment. The law also requires that Excepted and Executive Service employees maintain District domicile during the period of the appointment. Failure to maintain District domicile during the period of the appointment will result in forfeiture of employment.