Staff Assistant - Executive Office of the Mayor
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Mayor's Office of Talent and Appointments
- Mid Level
Open Date: November 2, 2021
Closing Date: November 16, 2021
Salary Range: Excepted Service Grade ES3 (47,762 to $71,644)
COVID-19 Vaccination: All employees of the District of Columbia must be vaccinated against the Coronavirus disease 2019 (SARS-CoV-2) as a condition of employment.
Current District of Columbia residents will receive priority and advanced preference for screening and interviews.
This position is located in the Executive Office of the Mayor (EOM). The purpose of this position is to serve as the principal liaison and confidential personal assistant to the EOM, performing program, analytical and administrative assignments that address management, administrative, analytical, coordination and communication matters on behalf of the Mayor.
- Work directly with senior leadership, including Directors of EOM offices to provide operational and logistical support.
- Serve as the key person engaging with clients, residents and stakeholders answering incoming communications, including phones, email and visiting guests.
- Provide administrative support such as but not limited to, scheduling meetings, answering incoming phone calls, and ordering office supplies
- Assist in preparing various reports and maintaining agency website and social media accounts
- Manage office documents for supervisor's use in preparing correspondence, meetings, reports, and other events.
- Manage information systems and databases to track documents, processes and appointments.
- Provide administrative support to the team on special events and other projects, and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
COVID-19 PREVENTION PROTOCOL AND VACCINE MANDATE
The Government of the District of Columbia values the safety of our employees, our residents, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to your initial HR representative, or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption by the hiring agency before working with the Government of the District of Columbia.
There is a legal requirement that each new appointee to the Excepted and Executive Service either: (1) be domiciled in the District of Columbia at the time of appointment; or (2) establish District domicile within one hundred eighty (180) days of appointment. The law also requires that Excepted and Executive Service employees maintain District domicile during the period of the appointment. Failure to maintain District domicile during the period of the appointment will result in forfeiture of employment.
To be considered for the position, please answer the required question and attach required credentials, including resume.