Associate Director for Advance
OPEN: September 27, 2022
CLOSED: Open Until Filled
SALARY RANGE/GRADE: Excepted Service ES6, - salary will be $76,195
This is an Excepted Service position. Selected candidate must be a District resident or establish residency within 180 days of hire.
RESIDENCY PREFERENCE: ** Current District of Columbia residents will receive high preference in all phases of the selection process, including the resume review and interview process. **
Mayor's Office of Scheduling and Advance in the Bowser Administration seeks qualified applicants for the position of Associate Director for Advance. This office provides a centralized and efficient means of controlling and expediting requests for appointments, public appearances, events and for planning and finalizing the Mayor’s official calendar. The Associate Director of Advance is responsible for, in coordination with the Director of Scheduling and Advance, for spearheading logistical planning and execution efforts for Mayor Bowser that include but not limited to: bilateral meetings, policy announcements, crisis responses, speaking engagements, groundbreakings, and ribbon cuttings – with corporate, local, state, federal and international officials, to amplify the strategic priorities of the Bowser Administration.
- Responsible for spearheading the planning and preparation of all Mayoral Events by leading logistical calls and walkthroughs with District agencies.
- Work with internal departments to conceptualize Mayoral Events.
- Execute on-site logistics for all mayoral events and meetings and provide a readout of follow ups for agencies/leadership at the conclusion of event.
- Review mayoral briefing memos prior to being submitted to the briefing binder for formatting, consistency and information accuracy.
- Works with unit staff to assure that documents and information distributed comply with regulations and procedures.
- Manage and provide support to principal before, during and after event.
- Maintains an awareness of current events and daily requirements in which the office is involved.
- Exercises flexibility in performing a myriad of administrative and procedural duties being responsible for performing or directing the performance of the overflow area of work.
- May be required to attend meetings and conferences, as scheduled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Knowledge of the mission, goal, objectives and operating policies and procedures of the Mayor’s Scheduling Unit to meet its goals and objectives accurately and expeditiously.
- Direct experience in the field of scheduling and advance
- Ability to work quickly and effectively and under high-pressure situations
- Prior experience working with senior management or high level principals
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Demonstrated, exemplary, telephone etiquette. Incumbent must exercise tact and discretion in dealing with individuals. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials.
- Knowledge of, and proficient in the use of operating a personal computer (PC), utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc., and a willingness to learn new technology associated with assigned work tasks.